Effective January 1, 2014 contractors will be required to provide a Tax Clearance form from the Revenue Department and a current copy of the required insurance certificate for the contractor indicating coverage for general liability, workman’s compensation, and automobile.
In addition - per changes made to Title 9-1004 of the Philadelphia Code - the following requirements will go into effect January 1, 2014 :
- Contractors shall display their license number in specified locations.
- License numbers displayed on vehicles must be at least 2 inches in height and clearly visible.
- No Contractor shall sell, transfer, or permit another person to use the license assigned to the Contractor to secure permits or perform activity.
- No Contractor shall sell, transfer, or otherwise allow another person or business entity to use a permit issued to the Contractor to perform construction work.
- The primary Contractor on each permitted job site, except for work on residential buildings of two dwelling units or less, shall post specified information at each jobsite.
here for more details on these requirements, as they affect ALL CONTRACTORS.