Streets, sidewalks & alleys

Report a pothole or other street damage

The City works to patch potholes quickly. For cave-ins and depressions, the City must do an inspection to make sure the cause is addressed before the damage is repaired.

In the winter, the City uses a temporary patch on potholes. Cave-ins and depressions are inspected and made safe. The City performs all permanent repairs beginning in the spring.


You can report potholes and street damage by calling 311 or using the Philly 311 online form.

Be as specific about the location of any pothole you report. Include pictures if possible.