Due to extremely cold conditions, the City is implementing special measures to keep people who are homeless safe. If you see someone who needs shelter, call (215) 232-1984.
In effect: 3:00 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 14 until further notice

COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is now available for everyone 5 and older! Get your children vaccinated today. Find a City-run vaccine clinic or partner vaccine clinic to protect yourself and your loved ones. If you have questions about vaccination, call (215) 685-5488.

Streets, sidewalks & alleys

Request a traffic light or report a problem

Traffic lights keep traffic moving safely and efficiently. If a traffic light is damaged or isn’t working correctly, you can use an online form to report it to the City. You can also request a new traffic signal or changes to an existing one by writing a letter to the Department of Streets.

There is a different process for reporting problems with traffic control signs. You may also report issues with street or alley lights.

Request a new traffic signal

To request a new traffic signal or changes to an existing one, write to the chief traffic engineer of the Department of Streets:

Chief Traffic Engineer
Department of Streets
Room 980
Municipal Services Building
1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19102

The department will acknowledge your request and do a study.

Report a problem with a traffic signal