Skip to main content

Streets, sidewalks & alleys

Report an abandoned vehicle

Abandoned vehicles can take up important parking space or present a hazard to the neighborhood.


You can report an abandoned vehicle by calling 311 or using the Philly 311 online form.

The police will decide if the vehicle is classified as abandoned. In some cases, the vehicle owner may receive a courtesy notice from the Police Department.

You’ll need the following information about the vehicle to submit a report:

  • The exact address
  • Whether the steering column is broken
  • Condition
  • Make and model
  • Color
  • Body style
  • License plate number and state