|Trash & recycling||Trash and recycling collections are on a holiday schedule. Set materials out one day behind your regular day.|
What we do
The Department of Streets designs, builds, and repairs the City’s streets and roadways. In addition to picking up trash and recycling, we maintain and operate street lights and traffic control devices.
To help keep the City of Philadelphia clean, safe, and moving, we:
- Construct and maintain 320 bridges and 2,525 miles of streets and highways.
- Gather data on traffic and evaluate causes of crashes.
- Manage programs like the Philadelphia More Beautiful Committee and SWEEP.
- Provide all surveying functions for the City of Philadelphia.
- Plan the location, time, and methods for street reconstruction.