The Housing Action Plan is a blueprint to meet housing needs at all income levels.
One of the first tasks of the new Department of Planning and Development was to create a strategic housing plan. The Housing Action Plan includes strategies to address homelessness and increase the availability of affordable, workforce, and market-rate housing. The plan reflects a process that gathered input from residents across the city. DPD tracks our progress toward meeting the plan’s goals.
The plan offers 34 recommendations for implementation over the next five years. Its goal is to:
- House our most vulnerable residents.
- Preserve long-term affordability.
- Provide pathways to sustainable home ownership.
- Encourage equitable growth.
- Enable efficient development.
The plan includes milestones and targets. The City will provide regular updates on the progress toward the plan’s goals.