The Housing Action Plan is a blueprint to meet housing needs at all income levels.
One of the first tasks of the new Department of Planning and Development was to create a strategic housing plan. The Housing Action Plan includes strategies to address homelessness and increase the availability of affordable, workforce and market-rate housing. The plan reflects a process that gathered input from residents across the city.
The plan offers 34 recommendations for implementation over the next five years. Its goal is to:
- House our most vulnerable residents.
- Preserve long-term affordability.
- Provide pathways to sustainable home ownership.
- Encourage equitable growth.
- Enable efficient development.
The plan includes milestones and targets. The City will provide regular updates on the progress toward the plan’s goals.