The Division of Housing and Community Development supports a number of agencies that help residents with housing and utilities. Use our finder to locate the help you need.
- Housing counseling agencies offer services for groups and individuals. They help residents buy and maintain their homes, avoid eviction and foreclosure, and more.
- Neighborhood Advisory Committees (NACs) help residents find out about City programs that could benefit them.
- Neighborhood Energy Centers (NECs) provide information on how to save on utilities and get help paying energy bills.
DHCD also supports programs that have a positive impact on Philadelphia’s neighborhoods, including:
- The North Central Philadelphia Transformation Plan, as part of the Choice Neighborhoods Initiative. This federal program aims to transform neighborhoods of extreme poverty into functioning, sustainable, mixed-income communities.
- The LandCare program, which cleans, greens, and stabilizes vacant lots to help return them to productive use.