Water & Sewer Bills
How often do I receive a bill?
The Water Revenue Bureau (Bureau) sends you a water and sewer bill once a month.
What charges are included in my bill?
Every water and sewer bill includes two charges:
- Service Charge - This charge pays for the service of supplying you with water. It is a fixed cost and is based on the size of your water meter. The fixed cost items include stormwater collection and treatment as well as metering and billing costs.
- Usage Charge - This charge is based on the amount of water you use in your home.
Do Senior Citizens get a discount?
To be eligible for the 25% Senior Citizen Discount Rate on your monthly water and sewer bill, you must:
- Be 65 years or older
- Live at the address listed on your application
- Have the water and sewer bill in your name
- Meet a yearly income requirement
What if I have a question about a bill?
- Call (215) 686-6880
Water Revenue Bureau
P.O. Box 41496
Philadelphia, PA 19101-1496
- Customer Service will review your bill and give you a response in a timely manner.
When can I request a meter test?
You can request a meter test by calling (215) 686-6880.
- If the test results find that your meter is measuring water usage correctly, a charge for the test is added to your bill.
- If the test results find that your meter is measuring water usage incorrectly, your bill will be adjusted to equal the amount of water you are using, and there will be no charge for the test.
- Meter test will be restricted during the installation of AMR.