Free Tax Preparation Sites Now Open
Nearly 30 community-based agencies across the City of Philadelphia will provide tax preparation services to families with income less than $52,000 and individuals with income less than $20,000. This is a free service and tax returns are completed by IRS Certified Preparers. When visiting the sites, eligible participants need to bring the following information and documentation:
- Social Security cards for the tax filer and all dependents
- A valid picture identification for tax filer and spouse if married
- Any tax form showing income, such as W-2 and 1099 forms, including unemployment income (1099-G) and income from Social Security.
- Childcare or daycare expense statement with EIN from the provider or SSN (Social Security Number) of child care provider (if applicable).
- Form 1098 (Tuition Payment Statement) (if applicable)
- A voided check for Direct Deposit
- Married couples who file jointly need to both be present.
- Homeowners need to bring records of payments made for property tax, mortgage interest, and mortgage insurance payments.
Please for a list of agencies, with their address, hours of operation and time period during which they provide tax assistance. View the map below for their location or call (800)-209-2914 or (800) 906-9887 for further details on that location.
The map of these sites is below. Place your cursor over a marker and click to view the details of that location. You can switch to a street only view by clicking on the word MAP. Click on the plus sign on the left hand side to zoom in.