What we do
The Department of Commerce helps businesses—large and small—thrive in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is the ideal home for your business, offering:
- A central location along the Northeast corridor.
- A ready and talented workforce.
- Competitive office rents and commercial real estate costs.
- Vibrant commercial districts and growing innovation industries.
- World-class dining, history, and cultural attractions.
We work to:
- Attract and grow a diverse set of businesses.
- Revitalize neighborhood commercial districts throughout the city.
- Support small businesses and improve their access to funding.
- Build a strong talent pipeline.
- Increase economic opportunities for historically underserved business owners.
The Department of Commerce is seeking project proposals that identify and accelerate innovative, evidence-informed approaches to supporting un- and under-employed Philadelphians prepare for and connect to sustainable career pathways that pay a living wage. Proposals must be able to be implemented and evaluated for impact over the calendar year.
Applicants must describe how they will intentionally identify, elevate, and address the specific challenges Black, brown, and other historically disadvantaged Philadelphia residents face when preparing for and entering the workforce.
- Learn more, including how to apply, here.
- View full timeline available in document below with key dates before submitting final proposal by December 18, 2023 at 5 p.m.
- Questions? Contact Talent.Development@Phila.Gov