What we do
The Department of Commerce helps businesses—large and small—thrive in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is the perfect home for your business, offering:
- Reasonable office rents and cost of living.
- A ready workforce.
- A central location on the Northeast corridor.
We work to:
- Attract and keep a diverse set of businesses.
- Revitalize neighborhoods by building vibrant commercial districts.
- Support small businesses and improve access to funding.
- Develop a strong talent pipeline.
- Increase contracting opportunities for minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses.
We know that Philadelphia is a startup destination—now help us tell the world at South by Southwest (SXSW), an annual festival and conference in Austin, Texas. The Department of Commerce is proposing a panel highlighting Philadelphia’s startup and tech ecosystem.
This panel will put the spotlight on Philadelphia’s strengths, including our:
- Inclusive supports for founders.
- World-class talent.
- High quality of living at a low cost.
Do you want to work for the Department of Commerce? Apply for one of our open position: