What we do
The Department of Commerce helps businesses—large and small—thrive in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is the ideal home for your business, offering:
- A central location along the Northeast corridor.
- A ready and talented workforce.
- Competitive office rents and commercial real estate costs.
- Vibrant commercial districts and growing innovation industries.
- World-class dining, history, and cultural attractions.
We work to:
- Attract and grow a diverse set of businesses.
- Revitalize neighborhood commercial districts throughout the city.
- Support small businesses and improve their access to funding.
- Build a strong talent pipeline.
- Increase economic opportunities for historically underserved business owners.