What we do
The Department of Commerce helps businesses—large and small—thrive in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is the perfect home for your business, offering:
- Reasonable office rents and cost of living.
- A ready workforce.
- A central location on the Northeast corridor.
We work to:
- Attract and keep a diverse set of businesses.
- Revitalize neighborhoods by building vibrant commercial districts.
- Support small businesses and improve access to funding.
- Develop a strong talent pipeline.
- Increase contracting opportunities for minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses.
The Philadelphia COVID-19 Small Business Program offers grants or zero-interest loans to Philadelphia small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The program, administered by the Department of Commerce and PIDC, aims to provide relief to selected small businesses in order to help them survive this crisis and retain as many employees as possible. Due to extraordinary demand and limited resources, read here for changes to this program that go into effect on March 30 at 5 p.m.
- The application for micro-enterprise grants is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese.
You can find the application here.
Information and resources are available for businesses affected by COVID-19. Find them here.