The Department of Commerce is building business in Philadelphia.
Making Philadelphia work for business
The Department of Commerce works with organizations, large and small, to make the city an attractive place to do business. Our department offers support through:
- Access to financing and improvement programs.
- Assistance from location-based business service managers.
- Projects that make the city’s commercial corridors clean, safe, and well-lit.
- Efforts to ensure that minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses can succeed.
- Resources for companies—local, national, and international—to launch and grow in Philadelphia.
- A workforce development plan to prepare residents for careers in family-sustaining jobs.