The Department of Commerce helps people plan, start, and run businesses in Philadelphia.
One-on-one small business support
Our business service managers offer one-on-one support to help small businesses navigate City requirements and other challenges they may encounter. Learn more about one-on-one support.
Money is available to help businesses, large and small, succeed. Programs and initiatives include:
- InStore Program
- Business Security Camera Program
- Storefront Improvement Program
- Fair Chance Hiring Initiative
- Philadelphia Business Lending Network
Learn more about the types of financial support available in the city.
Funding and tax breaks are available for businesses located in specific areas. Programs include:
- Empowerment Zones.
- Keystone Innovation Zones (KIZs).
- Keystone Opportunity Zones (KOZs).
Learn more about all the location-based incentive programs available in the city.
The Department of Commerce has a team dedicated to international business, which provides services including:
- Business attraction and retention.
- Export and global expansion support for Philadelphia businesses.
- Hosting inbound and outbound delegations.