The City of Philadelphia invites organizations from around the world to explore our city.
International business support
The Department of Commerce’s international business staff are your gateway to Philadelphia. They are here to help you learn about the city and its competitive advantages.
We can assist you with:
- Strategy and guidance to enter the U.S. market through Philadelphia.
- Local and state incentives.
- Data on wages, costs, and talent.
- Introductions to private, public, and partner organizations.
- Setting up international partnerships.
We can connect your business to our strategic partners, including:
- Export service providers and trade promotion agencies.
- Philadelphia-based consulates and trade offices.
- Key international business expansion partners, like immigration lawyers, accountants, and consultants.
- Real estate firms.
- The port and airport.
- Other agencies to help your company grow globally.
Business attraction and development
For international companies who may want to open a Philadelphia operation.
What we do
- Create customized business development tours
- Introduce you to key partners and stakeholders in public and private sectors
- Offer incentives to companies choosing to locate in Philadelphia
- Provide connections to service providers who can help international businesses
- Offer real estate suggestions and tours of potential offices
- Connect your company to talent and workforce resources
Export and global expansion support
Philadelphia-based companies interested in international export or expansion can get help from our department.
What we do
The Department of Commerce will guide you through available resources. They will help you in your global expansion.
This includes connecting businesses to:
- Business development opportunities.
- Partner organizations.
- Other resources.
Inbound and outbound delegations
International representatives who would like to visit Philadelphia can arrange visits through our international business team. Our services are also for those who would like Philadelphia representatives to visit their country.
Delegations can include:
- Trade offices.
What we do
We provide customized welcome briefings and presentations on the City of Philadelphia.
Philadelphia also conducts a limited number of outbound business missions to key locations around the globe.
All Sister Cities inquiries should be directed to Citizen Diplomacy International.
For more information on international business opportunities, contact International.Relations@phila.gov.