Philadelphia Taking Care of Business (PHL TCB) Clean Corridors Program funds community-based nonprofits to sweep sidewalks and remove litter within neighborhood commercial corridors.
PHL TCB has four main goals:
- Maintain clean commercial districts in Philadelphia neighborhoods.
- Promote the economic success of neighborhood businesses by creating an inviting environment for shoppers.
- Create work opportunities for Philadelphians.
- Grow the capacity of local small businesses and organizations that provide cleaning services.
PHL TCB invests in people and small businesses by creating employment opportunities for residents and keeping Philadelphia’s neighborhood commercial corridors clean.
The program is part of a larger effort by the Department of Commerce to enhance and promote vibrant commercial corridors. Resources and programs include:
- Storefront improvement grants.
- One-on-one support for existing businesses.
- Funding for local organizations to promote and improve neighborhood shopping areas.
- Streetscape improvements.
Increased funding for commercial corridor cleaning—championed by Councilwoman Cherelle Parker and secured by City Council in November 2019—made PHL TCB possible.