The LOOP application deadline has passed. Applicants will find out if they have been approved by March 31, 2014
.**If you believe you were denied due to an error in your original application, you may submit an amended application. Application amendment forms are available on the right-hand side of this page under "LOOP Amendment Forms." LOOP Amendment forms must be received within 10 days of the date on the denial letter.**
We have seen many positive changes to our neighborhoods. And with those changes some home values have risen, causing some longtime homeowners to face potentially steep increases in their tax bills. Homeowners with substantial changes in their property assessment may qualify for a discount on Real Estate Taxes with the Longtime Owner Occupants Program (LOOP).
Check if your home qualifies for LOOP and how much you can save.
If you are approved, your tax bill will be reduced for 10 years with a one-time application. To get these savings, your application must be received by February 18, 2014
, and you have to meet the other requirements below.LOOP Eligibility Requirements
What do I do next?
- You must own and have lived in this property as your primary residence since at least July 1, 2003.
- Your home is either a single family or a multi-unit property with no more than three residential units and one commercial unit.
- Your property has not received a tax abatement.
- The Real Estate Taxes on your property must be paid in full or you must be up-to-date on a payment plan (or have an application for a payment agreement pending).
- There is an income limit based on Household size.
- Fill out and submit the application (must be received by February 18, 2014)
- Pay the amount due after the LOOP discount as your 2014 Real Estate Tax by March 31, 2014 (or by February 28, 2014 to get a 1% discount). The discounted amount can be found on the brochure mailed to you or look it up here.
- If your LOOP application is not approved, you will need to pay the balance of your tax bill by April 30, 2014.
Have Questions? Need Help? Call 215-686-9200