The Longtime Owner Occupants Program (LOOP) is a Real Estate Tax discount program for homeowners who have lived in their homes for 10 years or more, experienced a significant increase in their property assessment from one year to the next, and meet income and other eligibility requirements.
It's not too late! Homeowners who were eligible when LOOP was first launched can still apply and start receiving tax savings.
LOOP applications approved now will be for Tax year 2017 and future years, through 2023; no refunds for past years will be given.Application Deadline: February 17, 2017.
The LOOP hotline is available to answer questions Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm at 215 686-9200. Translation service is available.
NEW! With the recent change to the LOOP law, some homeowners may be eligible to reapply at the end of the 10 years to extend the discount for a s long as they live in their home. Current LOOP enrollees do not have to do anything until 2023
, when they can apply to extend their LOOP discount or enter another program.LOOP Eligibility Requirements
- New LOOP applicants must have met all eligibility criteria at the time LOOP started, including having owned and occupied the property since at least July 1, 2003.
- Homeowners who purchased their home after July 1, 2003 from certain family members - as long as they have been living in the home and paying a majority of the bills since at least July 1, 2003 - are also eligible to apply.
- Your home is either a single family or a multi-unit property with no more than three residential units and one commercial unit.
- Your property assessment must have tripled from one year to the next.
- Your property has not received a tax abatement (unless your benefited from a government or non-profit subsidized low or moderate income housing assistance program).
- The Real Estate Taxes on your property must be paid in full or you must be up-to-date on a payment plan (or have an application for a payment agreement pending).
- There is an income limit based on household size.