Farmers’ markets provide an important setting for local farmers to sell their food directly to customers.
The markets also provide an opportunity for consumers to ask questions, learn more about where the food is grown, and discover new produce to try.
We support Philadelphia farmers’ markets by helping operators and vendors to ensure food safety standards and promote best practices.
The resources below were designed to help make every local farmers’ market as safe as it can be.
For more information about our work with farmers’ markets, please call 215-685-7490.
- Farmers’ Markets in the City of Philadelphia: Market Operator Guide
- Farmers’ Market Operator Registration Form
- Farmers’ Market Cooking Demonstration Form
- Food Safety at Farmers’ Markets
- Food Sampling Guidelines at Farmers’ Markets
- Tips for a Temporary Hand Washing Station
- SNAP Benefits at Farmers’ Markets
Farmers’ market operators who plan to accept SNAP can apply to receive a free wireless EBT machine through the PA Department of Agriculture. For more information, please email Sandy Hopple: email@example.com.