Skip to main content

Trees, parks & the environment

Report a downed tree

If a tree falls during a storm and it’s blocking a road, or it has fallen on a house, car or other property, call 911.

A crew of arborists from Philadelphia Parks & Recreation is on call to respond to tree emergencies, and they will come out to remove the hazard and any part of the tree that is an immediate risk to public safety.

Other parts of the tree that don’t pose an immediate risk (such as tree trunks and stumps) will be removed later, so our crews can focus on other safety hazards around the city during the extreme weather event.

If a tree has fallen on electrical wires, please call PECO’s emergency line at (800) 841-4141.

For non-emergency tree requests, such as when a tree is not blocking a road or on a house, car, or property, or when it’s not on electrical wires, submit a request through Philly 311.

311 provides direct access to City government information, services, and real-time service updates. Multiple languages are available. Call 311 or tweet @philly311 for a quick response.