You can report a sanitation code violation to the City by using this form or by calling 311. Sanitation code violations include:
- Setting out trash or recycling at the wrong time.
- Setting out too much trash.
- Putting the wrong items in trash or recycling.
- Using the wrong kind of trash or recycling container.
- Putting household trash in a public wastebasket.
- Improper disposing of construction debris.
- Dumpsters without proper identification or a medallion.
- Dumpsters that are improperly maintained.
View the residential trash and recycling rules for more details.
Once you submit a request, the Department of Streets will investigate. Depending on the violation and identifying evidence found, the offending party may be fined.