Skip to main content

Crime, law & justice

File a complaint against a Philadelphia police officer

The Citizens Police Oversight Commission (CPOC) takes complaints against police officers and sends them to the Philadelphia Police Department (PPD) Internal Affairs Division. Residents can file complains against police directly with PPD, but CPOC services as an impartial intermediary.

As a civilian oversight agency, CPOC’s goal is to provide complainants with a safe space to air their grievances. CPOC can also sit in on interviews with Internal Affairs at the complainant’s request or monitor investigations.

If you have criminal charges pending, you should talk with an attorney before you file a complaint.


File your complaint using one of the options below.

A CPOC staff member will review your complaint and contact you to go over the process and any follow-up questions. CPOC will then send a complaint referral to PPD’s Internal Affairs Division.


Download and fill out the form. Submit it to

Mail or in person

Download and fill out the form. Mail or bring it to:

1515 Arch Street
11th floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102


Complete the online form