Crime, law & justice

File a complaint against a Philadelphia police officer

The Police Advisory Commission (PAC) takes complaints against police officers and sends them to the Philadelphia Police Department’s Internal Affairs Division. If you witnessed a police officer acting unprofessionally, you can make a complaint by filling out the form below.


Anyone who has witnessed or experienced inappropriate or unprofessional Police behavior can file a complaint.

If you have criminal charges pending, you should talk with an attorney before you file a complaint.

When and where

Complaints can be made:

  • Online.
  • By email.
  • By mail.
  • In person.


For all complaints, filling out the form is important.

To make a complaint online:

Fill out the form

To make a complaint by email:

Download and fill out the form and submit it to

To make a complaint by mail or in person:

Download  and fill out the form and mail or bring it to:

1515 Arch Street
11th floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102

(215) 685-0891


The PAC will forward your complaint to the Internal Affairs Department of the Philadelphia Police Department.

Internal Affairs will investigate your complaint.

Internal Affairs will notify you of their decision.

After investigating, Internal Affairs will make a decision on the case and let you know the outcome.

If you are not satisfied with the decision, contact our offices.

We will see if we can help solve the complaint in another way.

Forms & instructions