Current situation and risk to Philadelphia
- Number of cases of COVID-19 in Philadelphia:
- Number of negative test results of COVID-19 in Philadelphia:
- Number of COVID-19 deaths in Philadelphia:
- Overall risk in Philadelphia: high risk of community transmission
COVID-19 tracking in Philadelphia: See test results.
Text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to receive updates to your phone.
New quarantine guidance
- If you have had close contact with someone with COVID-19, quarantine at home for 10 days.
- You may end quarantine after day 7 if you continue to be asymptomatic and receive a negative COVID-19 test 48 hours before you plan to end quarantine.
- After stopping quarantine, continue to monitor symptoms until 14 days after exposure.
- If at any point you develop symptoms of COVID-19 you should begin isolation. Get tested if you can do so without coming into close contact with others.
Find out more from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Live streams, press releases, blog posts
- City announces schedule of priority populations for COVID-19 vaccine
- Find COVID-19 test site in Philadelphia
- How to notify your COVID-19 contacts
- Calculating isolation and quarantine period (PDF)
- What to do if someone tests positive for COVID-19 at work (PDF)
- Food resources
- Pregnancy, baby, and toddler support
- COVID-19 case studies
Cases of COVID-19 have been rising rapidly throughout Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and across the country. The risk of getting COVID-19 is high whenever you come into close proximity with people who do not live in your household.
Because of the recent increase in COVID-19 cases across the United States, the Health Department is not issuing guidance for specific locations. Instead it has issued the following general recommendations:
- Avoid all unnecessary travel.
- Do not travel if you are sick or if someone in your household is sick.
- If you must travel for an urgent matter:
- Stay six feet apart from anyone not in your household.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Wear a mask whenever you are around others.
- Do not travel with someone who is sick or tested positive for COVID-19 and is in the quarantine period recommended below.
- If you have had an exposure to COVID-19 you should quarantine at home for 10 days. If you receive a negative COVID-19 test after day 5, AND you continue to be asymptomatic at day 7, you may end your quarantine period at that time.
The Health Department recommends that travelers also consult the Pennsylvania Department of Health travel recommendations before considering any travel.
Coronavirus Interim Racial Equity Plan
The Coronavirus Interim Racial Equity Plan summarizes what the Health Department knows about racial and ethnic inequities and COVID-19, and what we are doing and planning to reduce those disparities. Read the plan.
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health is sending texts and emails to contact individuals who have recently been tested for COVID-19.
The individualized survey link invitation will come from the phone number 1-855-270-3571.
Individuals are asked to complete a brief survey to help the Philadelphia Department of Public Health better understand and monitor the spread of COVID-19 in Philadelphia. Questions address demographic details and recent activities and exposures.
Participation is voluntary. Those who complete the survey will be entered to win one of ten $50 Amazon gift cards as a thank you for your time.