The following is intended as a plain-language summary of rules during the COVID-19 emergency and does not replace the need to follow all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Travel is safer if individuals are fully vaccinated. Follow CDC travel recommendations.
- COVID-19 still poses a high risk for unvaccinated travelers. If you are not vaccinated, the CDC recommends you consider postponing travel until you can get vaccinated.
- Find out how Philadelphia residents can get vaccinated.
- International travel poses additional risks for travelers. Fully vaccinated travelers are still at some risk of getting and spreading new COVID-19 variants. Follow all CDC travel guidance.
- The CDC requires testing for travelers arriving in the U.S. Read more about testing requirements.
- Unvaccinated individuals who have had exposure to COVID-19 should quarantine at home for 14 days and follow CDC quarantine guidelines. Travelers may end their quarantine period after:
- Day 10 without testing, OR
- Day 7 after receiving a negative test result (lab-based or rapid) after day 5.
- Symptomatic travelers must immediately self-isolate. Contact the Health Department at (215) 685-5488 or your healthcare provider to determine if you should seek COVID-19 testing.
- Text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to receive updates to your phone.
- If you have questions, call the Department of Public Health at (215) 685-5488.