Events of over 1,000 attendees (concerts and races)
The following is intended as a plain-language summary of rules during the COVID-19 emergency and does not replace the need to follow all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The following guidance from the Health Department is designed to allow participation in outdoor races and attendance at outdoor concerts runs, while prioritizing safety for participants in large crowds.
Proof of vaccination
- Organizers of outdoor races and concerts exceeding 1000 participants (including staff and volunteers) should consider requiring proof of vaccination from all participants.
- If applicable, determine procedures for checking vaccination status.
- Read more about ways to check for proof of vaccination (PDF).
- If your event is vaccination only, ensure that participants are asked about vaccination in a respectful manner and consistent with applicable privacy laws and standards. Businesses and institutions must obey all applicable local, state, tribal, and territorial laws, regulations, and rules as they consider whether to confirm COVID-19 vaccination status.
- The Health Department strongly encourages participants, staff, and volunteers get vaccinated before participating. Find out more about getting vaccinated in Philadelphia.
- Create a plan to communicate vaccination and masking requirements, if applicable, to participants, staff, and volunteers in advance to give them time to prepare to participate.
- Communication such as signage and announcements will also help everyone understand how to keep themselves safe while participating in the event.
- Read more about the CDC’s guidance event planning and COVID-19 safety
Key prevention strategies for facilities, including arrangement/construction of event space
- If any participant develops a COVID-19 infection or has a positive test, businesses and other organizations must take additional precautions to stop the virus from spreading further. To learn more, see What to do if someone tests positive for COVID-19 at work.
- If you have questions or concerns, contact the Health Department by calling (215) 685-5488 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to receive updates to your phone.
- If you have questions, call the Department of Public Health at (215) 685-5488.
No results found for that search.