The Mayor’s Day of Service Recognition is an annual event to honor Philadelphia’s standout volunteers and National Service members.
The Mayor’s Office recognizes Philadelphia residents in the following four categories:
- Mayor’s Philly Hero Award
- Mayor’s Youth Hero Award
- Mayor’s Distinguished National Service Award
- Mayor’s Distinguished National Service Alumni Award
All nominees must be Philadelphia residents.
- The Mayor’s Philly Hero Award (for adults) and The Mayor’s Youth Hero Award (for youth) recognize individuals for their unique contributions to the city through service.
- The Mayor’s Distinguished National Service Award is given to current AmeriCorps or Senior Corps volunteers.
- The Mayor’s Distinguished National Service Alumni Award recognizes AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, or Peace Corps alumni who continue to devote their lives to making a difference through service.
You can nominate someone for an award using the online form below.
Nominating a volunteer more than once will not increase their chances of being selected.