CEO’s work is guided by its mission, values, and principles.
The Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity provides leadership on issues of economic justice by advancing racial equity and inclusive growth to ensure that all Philadelphians might share in the city’s prosperous future.
- Dignity: How we treat the community we serve is reflective of how we treat each other.
- Inclusivity: We all benefit when the talents and contributions of all members are available to our communities.
- Persistence: When we get discouraged, we find ways to lift each other up and push forward.
- Accountability: We are transparent and honest about our plans, our actions, and our results.
- Honesty: We create a safe space without judgment to have healthy and honest dialogue about systems, people, and misconceptions.
Our guiding principles
- City government has the responsibility to provide opportunities to and promote the well-being of all residents while representing their best interests.
- The people of Philadelphia deserve the opportunity to live happy, healthy, full lives.
- People can offer meaningful insights into both their personal experiences and how the systems around them function.
- Poverty is a systemic issue and city government can lead in dismantling the barriers that often prevent opportunities.
Read our Strategic Framework to see where we’re going.