Civic Engagement Academy
Inspiring positive change in Philadelphia's communities through training and skill development.
The Civic Engagement Academy (CEA) is a free training program that provides community members with the tools to create lasting positive change. The trainings encourage local problem-solving and prepare residents to become community leaders, organizers, and activists.
Trainings for individuals
As an individual, you can access the workshops by attending the CEA Learning Series, which offers a different training each month.
Trainings for groups
Community groups, nonprofits, and City agencies may request trainings tailored to their needs.
1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: (215) 686-2055
The CEA offers workshops on many subjects related to civic engagement. The current topics include:
- Asset mapping: How to identify resources that are relevant to your work.
- Building coalitions: How to bring together community assets and resources to organize around a shared goal.
- Building a recruitment plan: How to increase participant turnout through planning and benchmarking.
- Community meeting management: Tips for community meeting planning, recruitment, and outreach.
- Goal setting: Setting SMART goals and staying on track.
- Government 101: The basics of federal, state, and local government and why they all matter.
- Targeting and recruitment: How to use timing, community connections, and outreach to get the most out of your recruitment efforts.
- Volunteer management: How to keep volunteers invested and interested in returning.
Apr19EventCEA Learning Series: Government 1026:00 pm to 7:30 pmZoomEvent
CEA Learning Series: Government 102April 19, 20236:00 pm to 7:30 pm, 2 hoursZoommapJoin us for this month's CEA Learning Series where the Committee of Seventy will give an overview of local primary elections. Come and learn why it's important to have your voice heard in these important elections for city and judicial offices. RSVP at bit.ly/CEATrainings
May17EventCEA Learning Series: Building Coalitions6:00 pm to 7:30 pmZoomEvent
CEA Learning Series: Building CoalitionsMay 17, 20236:00 pm to 7:30 pm, 2 hoursZoommapJoin us to learn how to engage the right people and resources around a shared goal. RSVP at bit.ly/CEATrainings