Members of the Serve Philadelphia VISTA Corps work with City departments to fight injustices and causes of poverty. This program:
- Increases capacity for departments that serve low-income individuals and communities.
- Produces alumni who are civically engaged, passionate, and employable.
- Promotes best practices in community engagement and sustainable solutions.
Each VISTA position is unique to its department or initiative. VISTAs build capacity by:
- Creating tools, systems, and guides for a department.
- Generating resources through partnerships, volunteers, or grant-writing.
- Developing, organizing, and assessing programs, events, or meetings.
- Supporting, establishing, or strengthening partnerships across departments and sectors.