If you see graffiti in your community, you can request its removal for free. The Graffiti Abatement Team can usually remove or cover up graffiti in 4-5 days, except in cases of adverse weather.
When you report graffiti, you may be asked:
- The address and ZIP code where the graffiti appears.
- What kind of structure the graffiti is on.
- The type of surface the graffiti is on. If you own the surface, and you want it repainted, you will pick a color for repainting. Surfaces like natural brick, stone, or metal can be power-washed.
- Where the graffiti is on the structure.
- Your name, address, and phone number. This information is confidential.
The Graffiti Abatement Team will not remove graffiti above the first floor of a building.
You can request this service by filling out the online Graffiti Removal Form. You can also call to ask for its removal.
If the graffiti is on a home, business, municipal building, street sign, or traffic signal outside of Center City, call 311. If you are calling from outside of the City limits, call (215) 686-8686.
If the graffiti appears elsewhere, use the table below to find the right contact information.
|Graffiti location||Contact number|
|Structure in the Center City District (Map)||(215) 440-5500|
|Public school||(215) 400-6434|
|Newspaper box||(610) 292-6322|
|PECO property||(800) 494-4000 and press 0|
|PGW property||(215) 684-6288|
|Rail corridor||Contact the corridor’s owner.|
|SEPTA bridges||(215) 580-7800|