COVID-19 information: Philadelphia is in a modified, restricted green phase of reopening. For the latest information, visit Text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to receive updates to your phone.

Temporary outdoor dining application

Qualifying businesses can register to offer outdoor dining on the sidewalk or in the curbside parking lane. Use the forms on this page to apply with the Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I).

This is a temporary registration to support businesses during the yellow phase of the COVID-19 reopening plan. This registration is valid until December 31, 2020.

Name Description Released Format
Authorization for a temporary sidewalk cafe extension PDF Use this form to get authorization to place outdoor seating on property adjacent to your business. June 12, 2020
Application for outdoor seating in the right-of-way PDF Use this form to apply to place outdoor seating on the sidewalk or in curbside parking. July 1, 2020