Health Center 2 provides high-quality medical and dental care to people who live in Philadelphia.
The South Philadelphia Health & Literacy Center
1700 S. Broad Street, Unit 201
Philadelphia, PA 19145 (map)
Medical Appointments: 215-685-1803
Dental Appointments: 215-685-1822
8:00 am - 4:30 pm / Mon, Tue, Fri
7:30 am - 4:30 pm / Wed
8:00 am - 7:30 pm / Thu
8:00 am - 12:00 pm / Sat
Cambodian, Indonesian and Vietnamese interpreters available.
Other language interpreters available by telephone.
SEPTA routes 29, C and Broad Street Line
City health centers accept Medicare, Medicaid (Medical Assistance) and most insurance and HMO plans. If you are uninsured, we charge a small fee based on family size and income.
We can help you apply for health insurance you can afford.
As a registered patient, you will get your own personal doctor. It's a much better way to get medical care than going from doctor to doctor or rushing to the emergency room when something goes wrong.
- diagnosis and treatment of chronic and acute illnesses
- medical check-ups and medications for enrolled patients
- prenatal care
- family planning and pregnancy options counseling
- comprehensive pediatric care for infants, children and teens
- immunizations for infants, children and teens
- children's developmental assessments
- healthy weight nutrition counseling for children and teens
- nutrition counseling and health education
- flu shots
- HIV, STD, and STI testing
- basic dental care, emergency dental care
- lab tests, x-rays and tests for tuberculosis
- referrals to specialty services for enrolled patients
- social work support that connects patients to follow-up care, education/counseling and other services
Some services are available on a walk-in basis.
HealthCenterConnect (Patient Portal)
PrEP is a way for people who do not have HIV to reduce their risk of infection by taking a daily pill. Find out more about PrEP.