The 2022 program runs Monday, November 7 through Saturday, December 17
The City’s annual leaf recycling program is provided by the Streets Department. Recycling leaves reduces the amount of materials that reach the waste stream and saves landfill space. Mechanical collection and bagged drop-off services are provided.
Bagged Leaf Drop-Off
During the six-week program, bagged leaves may be taken to any of the City’s six Sanitation Convenience Centers, Monday through Saturday from 8a-6p.
Bagged Leaf Drop-Off is also offered citywide on Saturdays at 13 locations from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Only bagged leaves and yard waste will be accepted, no household rubbish.
Bagged leaf drop-off dates:
- Saturday, November 19
- Saturday, December 3
- Saturday, December 10
- Saturday, December 17
Bagged leaf drop-off collection tips:
- Residents must place leaves in large brown biodegradable paper bags. Using these bags helps eliminate the extensive process of ripping open, dumping, and disposing of plastic bags. Bags can be purchased at your local hardware store.
- Never mix trash or other recyclable materials with bagged leaves. This contaminates leaves and makes them unfit for recycling purposes.
- Bagged leaves set out for pickup will be collected as trash.
Mechanical leaf collection Update: Due to the high number of leaves that have fallen crews are working one week behind in the leaf schedule. During the week of December 12 crews are working in the Northwest area of the city.
Mechanical leaf collection is provided as a supplement to bagged collections in areas identified as having heavy accumulations of leaves. This service is offered on a designated weekly schedule.
2022 mechanical leaf collection schedule:
- Oak Lane & Frankford: November 7—11
- West & South: November 14—18
- Northeast: November 21— December 2
- Northwest: December 5—16
Mechanical leaf collection tips:
- All leaves should be raked (un-bagged) and ready for collection by 7 a.m. the day of mechanical collection. Rake leaves to the street by the curb’s edge (piling is not necessary).
- If possible, move your vehicle to an off-street parking location on your scheduled collection day, so crews can remove leaves along the curb line.
- Residents in mechanical areas can also drop-off bagged leaves at Sanitation Convenience Centers.