Calling all PMBC Block Captains! It takes a special kind of person to take pride in their block, and your dedication has truly made your neighborhood a better place to live. And the Streets Department wants to help you keep it going. The Block Captains Beautification Program is designed to support your neighborhood beautification and upkeep efforts to help you KEEP IT CLEAN PHILLY.
How does it work?
- Visit keepitcleanphilly.org
- Apply for your grant
- Receive your VISA gift card
- Beautify your block
What can the grant be used for?
- Beautification supplies (plants, flowers, paint and paint brushes, etc.)
- Tools and equipment for neighborhood upkeep (leaf blowers, brooms, rakes, gloves, shovels, snowblower, etc.)
How much can I get?
- $500 max, but you can reapply in the future if you meet the requirements
What are the requirements?
- Must be a Philadelphia More Beautiful Committee-registered Block Captain to apply (and be eligible)
- Must provide a detailed description of what the grant will be used to accomplish or purchase
- Must sign the agreement form
- Must provide an itemized list and proof of purchase/receipt for any materials used in your project
- Must provide before/after photos of your project
- Must use gift card funds on beautification related purchases ONLY
- Must conduct a meeting with your block’s residents to obtain a consensus agreement on all block beautification purchases and activities
- Must agree to have your beautification activities (photos/videos) used for STREETS Department promotional purposes
Please note, failure to provide the required items will result in disqualification to apply for any future grants.