PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Department of Public Health today announced 276 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 novel coronavirus in Philadelphia. That brings the number of confirmed cases to 112,802. In addition, the Department of Public Health also announced 20 new probable cases from rapid antigen tests.
The Department of Public Health confirmed 13 additional fatalities in Philadelphia. This brings the number of residents who have succumbed to the virus in Philadelphia to 3,083. Of the 3,083 total deaths, 1,143 (37%) were long-term care facility residents.
The Department of Public Health reports 318 patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated in Philadelphia hospitals, with a total of 39 on ventilators.
Access Centers Registration: Eligible families can still register their child with one of the City’s Access Centers. Access Centers provide supervision, food, and a wireless connection on weekdays so that registered students (grades K-6) can participate in the digital learning provided by their school. The Office of Children and Families has published a list of Access Centers with available seats.
Testing Site Map: A testing site finder at phila.gov/testing helps people find a free COVID-19 test in Philadelphia. Anyone can search for a site by address, click on a map location for specific site information, and filter by day of week and by drive-thru or walk-up.
COVID-19 Vaccine Interest Forms: The City has launched two forms to help Philadelphians register their interest in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. These forms are not for registering for an appointment, but will tell the Department of Public Health how to contact you when you are eligible and vaccine is available for you.
- Members of the public are encouraged to register using the COVID-19 Vaccine Interest Form. The form is available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, and French. Individuals who do not have access to the internet can contact Philly311 (dial 3-1-1) or call the Department of Public Health’s COVID Call Center at 215-685-5488 for help completing the interest form.
- Employers are encouraged to complete the Workforce COVID-19 Vaccine Planning Form. Employers that complete this form will be contacted to help set up opportunities to vaccinate their prioritized staff when they are eligible and vaccine is available.
- City’s COVID-19 homepage: phila.gov/covid-19.
- COVID-19 resources translated into multiple languages.
- Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline: 1 (800) 722-7112.
- Residents can text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to get updates sent to their phones.
- Find out more about testing for COVID-19.
- Complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Interest Form (for individuals) or the Workforce COVID-19 Vaccine Planning Form (for employers).
- Businesses with questions about how to comply with the City’s restrictions should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The PHL COVID-19 Fund continues to solicit donations to aid nonprofits that are on the frontline of the pandemic.
Resources for Media: