The first set of Access Centers opens on Tuesday, September 8. A second set will open on September 21.
Sites are open to registered students Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on the following dates:
- Monday, September 28 (full-day closure)
- Monday, October 12 (full-day closure)
- Friday, October 16 (sites close at 12 p.m.)
- Tuesday, November 3 (full-day closure)
- Wednesday, November 11 (full-day closure)
- Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 (full-day closure)
- Friday, December 11 (half day, closure at noon)
- Thursday, December 24 through Friday, January 1 (full-day closure)
- Friday, January 15 (half day, closure at noon)
- Monday, January 18 (full-day closure)
- Friday, February 12 (half day, closure at noon)
- Monday, February 15 (full-day closure)
- Friday, March 26 (half day, closure at noon)
- Monday, March 29 through Friday, April 2 (full-day closure)
- Tuesday, May 4 (tentative, full-day closure)
- Thursday, May 13 (full-day closure)
- Friday, May 28 (half day, closure at noon)
- Monday, May 31 (full-day closure)
Access Centers are located in recreation centers, libraries, Philadelphia Housing Authority sites, and community-based organizations. You can use the Access Center finder to search for one near you.
Health and safety
Access Centers follow the health and safety guidelines under the Department of Public Health’s school-reopening plan (PDF). We limit site registration to align with health and safety guidelines. Most sites serve around 22 students.
In addition, Access Centers use a positive approach to discipline and follow a standard set of rules. View the discipline policy and rules.
All staff will have appropriate training and clearances. Staffing varies by location and is being provided by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, Free Library of Philadelphia, Office of Children and Families' Out-of-School Time network, and other community-based organizations.