A smoke-free Philadelphia – that's our vision!
We work with community-based organizations, health care providers, civic leaders, private employers, and schools and universities to address tobacco use. Our key strategies include policy development, education and evaluation.
Clean Indoor and Outdoor Air »
Enforcing existing indoor smoke-free laws and extending smoke-free policies to outdoor spaces.
Preventing Tobacco Use among Youth »
Decreasing youth access to and use of tobacco products through policy, education and enforcement.
Helping Smokers Quit »
Engaging insurance companies, employers, physicians and the media to make it easier for smokers to quit.
Tobacco Pricing and Norms »
Engaging youth, the community and academic partners to assess and change tobacco pricing and norms.
Tobacco Retailer Permits »
Helping retailers to obtain the permits required to sell all forms of tobacco and other products that contain nicotine.
- The Challenge of Youth Smoking in Philadelphia
- Race and Gender Moderation of the Relationship Between Cessation Beliefs and Intentions
- Retail Advertising for Tobacco Products and Sugary Beverages in Philadelphia
- Tobacco Use Among Philadelphia Youth (Data Brief)
The SmokeFree Philly Community Coalition brings together tobacco control practitioners, experts, and advocates to help build a healthy and smoke-free city. For more information on the SmokeFree Philly Coalition, contact Ryan Coffman at 215-685-5620.
- Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
- Truth Campaign
- Become an Ex
- CDC Office on Smoking and Health
- Million Hearts Campaign
For more information, visit SmokeFree Philly or call 311.