A smoke-free Philadelphia – that's our vision!
We work with community-based organizations, health care providers, civic leaders, private employers, and schools and universities to address tobacco use. Our key strategies include policy development, education and evaluation.
Clean Indoor and Outdoor Air »
Enforcing existing indoor smoke-free laws and extending smoke-free policies to outdoor spaces.
Preventing Tobacco Use among Youth »
Decreasing youth access to and use of tobacco products through policy, education and enforcement.
Helping Smokers Quit »
Engaging insurance companies, employers, physicians and the media to make it easier for smokers to quit.
Tobacco Pricing and Norms »
Engaging youth, the community and academic partners to assess and change tobacco pricing and norms.
- Reduce adult smoking prevalence from 25% to 21%
- Reduce youth smoking prevalence from 10% to 8%
- Decrease smoking-attributable mortality by 10%
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Cancer Society of Pennsylvania
- American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic
- Annenberg School for Communications, University of Pennsylvania
- Clean Air Council
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- Comprehensive Smoking Treatment Program, University of Pennsylvania
- Department of Parks and Recreation, City of Philadelphia
- Deputy Mayor’s Office of Health and Opportunity, City of Philadelphia
- Drexel University LeBow College of Business
- Drexel University School of Public Health
- Health Promotion Council of Southeastern PA
- Law Department, City of Philadelphia
- Mayor's Office of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia
- Mixed Methods Research Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania
- National Jewish Health
- Philadelphia County Medical Society
- PennDesign, University of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Public Health Management Corporation
- School District of Philadelphia
- St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
- Temple University Department of Public Health
- Thomas Jefferson University School of Population Health
- Youth Commission, City of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Housing Authority
- Temple University's Department of Public Health, Center for Asian Health
- Asian Community Health Coalition
The SmokeFree Philly Community Coalition brings together tobacco control practitioners, experts, and advocates to help build a healthy and smoke-free city. For more information on the SmokeFree Philly Coalition, contact Ryan Coffman at 215-685-5620.
- Smokefree Philly
- Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
- Truth Campaign
- Become an Ex
- CDC Office on Smoking and Health
- Million Hearts Campaign
- Truth Initiative