Our Healthy Start program provides case management, home visiting, and health education to help pregnant women get the care they need to have healthy babies.
Philadelphia Healthy Start is part of a national program to reduce infant mortality, low birthweight, and other poor perinatal outcomes.
Healthy Start case managers/home visitors help families create personalized care plans to support their health. They provide:
- One-on-one support and education in your home
- Health education and resources (childbirth education, pregnancy education, child development)
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Preventive health care for moms and babies
- Education about pregnancy spacing and planning your life course
- Referral to prenatal depression and grief services
- Referral to parenting classes and support groups
- Help meeting your goals – a case manager will help you make a plan to return to school, get back to work, and apply for your own housing
- Help getting connected to affordable health care
- Resources and support to men
Call us today!
A Healthy Start Outreach Coordinator can help you get the care you need.
Healthy Start at Health Center #5
Healthy Start at Intercultural Family Services
Healthy Start Brochure