If you are talented, innovative, and have the drive to make a difference, then consider a rewarding career with the City of Philadelphia, Department of Public Health (PDPH). We are continuously searching for qualified and diverse individuals to join our team. The City of Philadelphia offers great potential for career growth and mobility.
For a comprehensive list of current employment opportunities, please visit: www.phila.gov/personnel.
The PDPH is not currently hiring for the civil service positions listed below. However, if you are interested in being notified when opportunities become available, please submit your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate the position in which you are interested. We will keep your resume on file and contact you via email when opportunities become available.
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Community Health Registered Nurse
- Dentist 1
- Disease Surveillance Investigator (HIV Diseases)
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Forensic Investigator 1
- Forensic Technician 1
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Technologist 1
- Public Administration Analyst
- Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner
- Public Health Program Analyst (AIDS)
Are you a student interested in internship opportunities with the Department of Public Health?
- To apply for a summer internship with the City of Philadelphia, please visit: www.phila.gov/experiencephila.
- To request an undergraduate/graduate internship or volunteer opportunity with the Department of Public Health, please submit the documents listed below to Health.Interns@phila.gov.
- A completed copy of the Internship Request Form
- Cover Letter
- Competitive compensation
- Attractive base annual salary
- Defined benefit pension plans
- Deferred compensation program (optional)
- Promotional opportunities
- Hiring and professional bonuses (for selected occupations)
- We offer excellent health benefits for the employee and her/his dependents that include medical, prescription, vision and dental care.
Healthy Work/Life Balance:
- Attractive work schedule
- Job stability: City employees typically enjoy many years of steady employment.
The mission of the Human Resources Office of the Philadelphia Department of Public Health is to be a responsive, proficient team dedicated to partnering with other PDPH divisions to provide high-quality services to management and employees, thus enabling the Department to offer comprehensive services to the Philadelphia community.
The City of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status.