Are your children up-to-date with their shots?
Do you need treatment for TB or an STD?
Is your family prepared for a public health emergency?
We work to prevent, control and report on diseases and conditions that are contagious and/or affect the public’s health. We also help people to prepare for public health emergencies, and educate the community about how to stay safe and healthy.
Acute Communicable Disease Control »
Controls the spread of contagious diseases in Philadelphia.
Bioterrorism and Public Health Preparedness »
Develops and implements public health emergency response plans for Philadelphia.
Counts how many people are sick in Philadelphia with diseases that health care providers are required to report to the Department of Public Health.
Works to prevent vaccine-preventable disease among infants, children, adolescents, and adults in Philadelphia.
Sexually Transmitted Disease Control »
Works to improve the sexual health of Philadelphia by offering STD education, partner services, treatment follow-up and free condoms.
Tuberculosis Control »
Works to stop the spread of TB in Philadelphia by looking for people who have been diagnosed with TB and keeping track of their therapy.
Health BulletinThe Division of Disease Control publishes the Health Bulletin, a newsletter with easy-to-read stories about current health issues. The Health Bulletin is published in multiple languages.
Health care providers may visit our Health Information Portal (HIP) for information and resources developed specifically for the health care community, including:
- In-depth guidelines for diagnosis and management of diseases and conditions
- Surveillance data and reports, including:
- Annual reports that summarizes all of the diseases and conditions reported to the Philadelphia Department of Public Health for the previous year.
- Respiratory virus surveillance
- Tuberculosis surveillance
- Sexually transmitted disease surveillance
- Patient education materials
- Disease reporting forms and contact information
- Current information on disease outbreaks or public health emergencies
- Department of Public Health publications
- Sign-up to receive health alerts that notify health care providers of critical, time-sensitive public health information.