Because of the high risk of reinfection, STDs are not considered to be fully treated until all exposed sex partners are treated.
Our STD Control Program works to control the spread of STDs in Philadelphia, including gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis.
Through a partnership with the AIDS Activities Coordinating Office, we also offer partner services to people infected with HIV.
- Provide education, urine-based screening, and treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydia in all Philadelphia public high schools.
- Provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of STDs through our free clinics at Health Center #1 and Health Center #5.
- Control the spread of STDs by offering confidential services, including referral, testing, and treatment to the sex partners of infected people.
- Provide advice and consultation to doctors, nurses, and other community partners about the diagnosis and treatment of STDs.
- Provide free male and female condoms to community sites.
If you are a provider and would like to report an STD, please call 215-685-6737.
Find out more about STDS and get free condoms at TakeControlPhilly.