Ambulatory Health Services (Health Centers)
Health Center 9
Health Center 9 provides high-quality medical and dental care to people who live in Philadelphia.
131 E. Chelten Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144 (map)
Medical Appointments: 215-685-5701
Dental Appointments: 215-685-5738
8:00 am - 4:30 pm / Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
8:00 am – 7:30 pm / Wed
SEPTA routes 23, 26, and 65 and Chestnut Hill East train
City health centers accept Medicare, Medicaid (Medical Assistance) and most insurance and HMO plans. If you are uninsured, we charge a small fee based on family size and income.
We can help you apply for health insurance you can afford.
As a registered patient, you will get your own personal doctor. It's a much better way to get medical care than going from doctor to doctor or rushing to the emergency room when something goes wrong.
- diagnosis and treatment of chronic and acute illnesses
- medical check-ups and medications for enrolled patients
- prenatal care
- family planning and pregnancy options counseling
- comprehensive pediatric care for infants, children and teens
- immunizations for infants, children and teens
- children's developmental assessments
- healthy weight nutrition counseling for children and teens
- nutrition counseling and health education
- flu shots
- HIV, STD, and STI testing
- basic dental care, emergency dental care
- lab tests, x-rays and tests for tuberculosis
- referrals to specialty services for enrolled patients
- social work support that connects patients to follow-up care, education/counseling and other services
Some services are available on a walk-in basis.
Bedsider (online birth control support network)
Family Planning Council of Southeastern PA