Media and Policy Environments
Many Philadelphians live in environments that promote poor nutrition and physical inactivity. The media and policy environments can play a critical role in promoting healthier norms, providing people with needed information, and influencing the behavior of consumers.
Our Action Plan
- Conduct a multi-media educational initiative to decrease sugary drink consumption.
- Educate consumers about and enforce Philadelphia's Menu Labeling Ordinance.
- Advance public health goals through the earned media and social media platforms.
- Create and implement a media campaign to educate consumers on the links between sodium consumption and heart health.
2011-2012 Annual Report
- Deployed ads on television, radio, public transit, corner stores, and newsstands and via text messaging with over 40 million impressions.
- Developed www.foodfitphilly.org to provide facts, tips, and resources on cutting back sugary drink consumption.
- Published findings from the foundational evaluation in the Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science.
Find Out More
For more information, visit Food Fit Phillly or call 311.