Media and Policy Environments
Many Philadelphians live in environments that promote poor nutrition and physical inactivity. The media and policy environments can play a critical role in promoting healthier norms, providing people with needed information, and influencing the behavior of consumers.
Our Action Plan
- Conduct a multi-media educational initiative to decrease sugary drink consumption.
- Educate consumers about and enforce Philadelphia's Menu Labeling Ordinance.
- Advance public health goals through the earned media and social media platforms.
- Create and implement a media campaign to educate consumers on the links between sodium consumption and heart health.
2011-2012 Annual Report
- Deployed ads on television, radio, public transit, corner stores, and newsstands and via text messaging with over 40 million impressions.
- Developed www.foodfitphilly.org to provide facts, tips, and resources on cutting back sugary drink consumption.
Find Out More
For more information, visit Food Fit Phillly or call 311.