The Procurement Department’s staff acquire services, supplies, equipment, and construction for the City. They evaluate bids for the lowest price, make sure those bids meet the City’s need, and ensure a fair and open process.
Procurement Customer Service Unit
The Procurement Customer Service Unit oversees the Procurement Department’s customer and vendor engagement. This unit:
- Supports vendors and City Departments with PHLContracts and other Procurement-related questions and requests.
- Registers vendors in PHLContracts.
- Resets passwords in PHLContracts.
- Manages PHLContracts data.
This unit also supports the department in diverse business workshops and seminars to educate and attract local, small, and diverse business enterprise.
To contact Procurement Customer Service, call (215) 686-4720 or email email@example.com.
Services, Supplies, and Equipment Unit
This unit manages formal and informal contracts for procurement of City non-professional services, supplies, and equipment, as per the requirements of Article 8, Chapter 2 of the Philadelphia Home Rule Charter.
Open contract opportunities can be found on PHLContracts.
To contact the Services, Supplies, and Equipment Unit regarding these types of contracts, call (215) 686-4720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Works Unit
This unit oversees formal contracts for the procurement of public works and construction contracting opportunities for City-owned or leased facilities.
To contact Public Works regarding these types of contracts, call (215) 686-4720 or email email@example.com.
Inventory Disposal / Control Unit
The Inventory Disposal/Control Unit:
- Tracks assets through the purchase, ownership, and disposal life cycle.
- Conducts inspections to ensure that vendors remain compliant with the terms of their contracts.
They identify and manage surplus inventory that can be sold through the use of a local vendor website that offers online government auctions for:
- Excess office supplies.
- Other surplus goods.
This unit also reviews Local Business Entity Applications for approval and performs onsite investigations when necessary.
For more information, call (215) 686-4720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contracts Legislation Unit (CLU)
The Contracts Legislation Unit improves the way the City of Philadelphia handles contracts. It’s our job to review current contracting practices, making sure they follow City laws and legal requirements. We also want to make the contracting process efficient, effective, and user-friendly. To support departments, we help manage requests for proposals (RFPs) and professional services contracts. We also assist vendors as they apply for those contracts.
The CLU provides the following services to City departments and potential vendors:
- Contracting consultation and training for departments
- Posting of opportunities and management of the application process
- Performance tracking for the contracting process
- Compliance management with regard to Chapter 17-1400 of the Philadelphia Code
- To learn about and apply for non-competitively bid contracts with the City of Philadelphia, please visit the eContract Philly website.
- To view RFPs and RFIs for housing, social services, and quasi-governmental agencies, visit the additional opportunities page.
- If you’ve been awarded a professional services contract, you can pay the contract preparation fee online.
T. David Williams Jr., Esquire
Deputy Chief Administrative Officer
Director, Contracts Legislation Unit
Municipal Services Building
1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Assistant Chief Administrative Officer
Contract Management Analyst
ACIS Systems Administrator