The Department of Commerce helps people plan, start, and run businesses in Philadelphia.
One-on-one small business support
Our business service managers offer one-on-one support to help small businesses navigate City requirements and other challenges they may encounter.
Money is available to help businesses, large and small, succeed.
Types of financial support:
- InStore Program
- Business Security Camera Program
- Storefront Improvement Program
- Fair Chance Hiring Initiative
- Philadelphia Business Lending Network
Funding and tax breaks are available for businesses located in specific areas. Programs include:
- Empowerment Zones.
- Keystone Innovation Zones (KIZs).
- Keystone Opportunity Zones (KOZs).
Find out more about all the location-based incentive programs available in the city.
Commerce has a team dedicated to international business, which provides services including:
- Business attraction and retention.
- Export and global expansion support for Philadelphia businesses.
- Hosting inbound and outbound delegations.