Skip to main content

Landlord Gateway

Existing landlords

Learn how to maintain your rental license and find support for licensed landlords.

Jump to:

Renew or update your license

Rental Licenses are valid for one year following activation, must be renewed annually, and are not transferrable.

To renew or update your license, you must:

Once these requirements are met, you can renew or update your license online through eCLIPSE or in person at the Permit and License Center.

Keep your property in good repair

Get help with property improvements and repairs to stay compliant.

  • Apply for an improvement loan: The Rental Improvement Fund offers fully forgivable loans for small landlords to make repairs related to the health, safety, and economic security of households. 
  • Find a licensed contractor: Before you sign a contract, learn about working with contractors first. Then find a licensed contractor through the contractor lookup tool.

Find financial and housing programs

  • Programs to help maintain your property: Public Housing Development Corporation offers credits for facility improvements, support to provide affordable housing options, and financial assistance for modifications for tenants with special needs.
  • Homelessness prevention resources: The Office of Homeless Services offers assistance programs and resources for you and your tenants.
  • Income guidelines: Use this resource to determine your (or your tenants’) eligibility for programs limited to low- and moderate-income individuals.

Resolve disputes with tenants outside of court

The Eviction Diversion Program (EDP) provides resources for landlords and tenants to resolve issues outside of court. The program offers several resources for free, including:

  • Conflict resolution: Landlords and tenants may be assigned to work with a mediator and a housing counselor.
  • Financial assistance: Eligible landlords and tenants may qualify to receive a one-time payment to cover back rent and two months of forward rent.

Learn more and apply for the program.