Sign In
City of Philadelphia

Filing A Domestic Violence Unpaid Leave Complaint

If you believe you were denied leave, or retaliated against for taking leave, under the Domestic Violence Unpaid Leave Law, you may be a victim of Employment Discrimination. You should fill out the Employment Discrimination Intake Form to start the process of filing a complaint.
To begin the process, you must complete an intake form to assist us in identifying the relevant issues in your discrimination complaint. PCHR staff will then meet with you to discuss the information you provided in your intake forms. Based on the information that you provide during the intake process, PCHR staff may prepare a formal complaint for your signature.

Signing these documents does not mean that your complaint will be investigated. PCHR will use this information to determine if there are sufficient grounds to pursue your complaint. PCHR will review a number of factors, including whether the complaint was made in a timely fashion and whether it alleges an appropriate basis (e.g., sex, race, etc.).

If, after reviewing the complaint, PCHR staff determines that we cannot proceed with an investigation, you will be notified. At your request, if other resources are available, the PCHR may provide further information to you.

If we determine that your complaint can be taken, your complaint will be assigned to a PCHR investigator who will contact you to discuss the specific details of your complaint. The investigator is not an advocate for either party. The investigator is an unbiased, neutral fact-finder who will obtain information regarding the issues you have alleged and work to resolve your complaint.

Send or bring your completed intake form to:
Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations
601 Walnut Street
Suite 300 South
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Phone: 215-686-4670
Fax: 215-686-4684

Get Started