Summer is just around the corner and that means Parks & Rec is looking to engage people in exciting and meaningful work. City parks, playgrounds, and recreation centers engage children, provide safe experiences, and nurture residents’ relationships with nature. Whether you want your “office” to be a City park, or prefer a behind-the-scenes approach, we have jobs to fit many interests and abilities!
Here are six ways Parks & Rec jobs make Philly summers great. Find one that’s a fit for you!
1. Keep cool on the pool deck:
- Do your part to make sure all City pools open this year as a Parks & Rec lifeguard.
- Keep pools open and operating as a Pool Maintenance Attendant.
2. Make every park visitor feel like a VIP:
- Welcome and assist park visitors while helping to ensure public safety as a Seasonal Park Ranger.
3. Keep track of Philadelphia’s fields and trees:
- Respond to customer requests as a Data Entry Specialist in our Street Tree Management Unit
- Inspect and monitor turf mowing contractors as a Seasonal Turf Inspector.
4. Keep our community parks clean and green:
5. Bring playful learning to Parks & Rec camps:
- Engage children in light touch literacy activities that keep them learning and engaged all summer long. .
6. Teen jobs in the community keep young people active:
- Reach out to your local rec center for possible positions as a Camp Counselor RSI.
- Young people ages 14-24 can gain great job experience working for Parks & Rec through the WorkReady program. Positions are available through the WorkReady program portal.
- Serve as a liaison between youth and Parks & Rec staff as a Worksite Monitor.