Each summer Parks & Rec hires youth and young adults to work at our sites. The Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) provides Parks & Rec with WorkReady positions for those 14 to 24 years old.
All Parks & Rec WorkReady staff:
- Work for six weeks.
- Begin in early July and end in mid-August.
- Are paid $9.00 per hour.
- Assist at Parks & Rec sites across the city.
- Build their communication and leadership skills.
- Interact with both younger children and adult staff.
Parks & Rec provides different work experiences for those ages 14-18 and 19-24.
- Youth work at recreation centers and playgrounds.
- Young adults may work at recreation centers, PlayStreets, or with special initiatives.