PHILADELPHIA – The City released the following update on unrest that occurred overnight and preparations underway.
PHILADELPHIA POLICE UPDATE: The following arrest numbers are current as of Noon on October 28, 2020.
Arrests Overnight (10/27 – 10/28)
- 1 Aggravated Assault
- 8 Assault on Police
- 1 Arson
- 53 Burglary
- 2 Criminal Trespass
- 7 Disorderly Conduct
- 4 Civil Violation Notices (CVN) for Failure to Disperse
- 4 Robbery
- 1 Vandalism
- Total: 81
Additional Information (10/27 – 10/28)
- Injured Officers: 23 (all treated and released)
- 9 Damage to PPD Vehicles
- 9 ATM Explosions
Totals for October 26 – October 28
- 172 felony or misdemeanor arrests. This includes two (2) people arrested for Burglary and Assault on Police, so the total number of individuals arrested for indictable offenses is 170, plus 13 for CVNs
- Injured Officers: 53 (52 treated and released, 1 still hospitalized)
- 17 Damage to PPD/PFD Vehicles
CURFEW: There will be a citywide curfew which will go into effect on Wednesday, October 28 at 9:00 p.m. through 6:00 a.m. on Thursday, October 29. Grocery stores, restaurants and pharmacies may, in their discretion, choose to operate only for delivery services later than 9:00 p.m. and should implement appropriate measures to secure their facilities and protect onsite and delivery employees.
PRESS CONFERENCE: There is a news conference with the Mayor, Police Commissioner Outlaw, and other City officials at 3:30 p.m. via Zoom. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get the login information.
Please hold all questions.