PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Department of Public Health today announced 103 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 novel coronavirus in Philadelphia. That brings the number of confirmed cases to 36,004.
The Department of Public Health confirmed two additional fatalities in Philadelphia. This brings the number of residents who have succumbed to the virus in Philadelphia to 1,789. Of the 1,789 total deaths, 886 (49%) were long-term care facility residents.
Supplemental Executive Order on Large Gatherings: The City has issued a supplemental order regarding special events and large gatherings. The order supplements the Modified Green Phase executive order issued on July 5, 2020 and previous policy statements. This order states that the City will not be evaluating applications for special event or demonstration permits through October 22, 2020, and any subsequent renewals of the order. It also states that for outdoor events of 150 people or less, the City’s normal special event or demonstration permitting requirement will not be enforced, but that other permitting requirements may be applicable depending on the nature of the event.
Based on current evidence regarding the status of the pandemic in Philadelphia and its unpredictability, the City strongly advises event organizers against planning large events to occur before February 28, 2021.
Daily Trash and Recycling Update: Residents can check the daily trash and recycling update blog post to see the current status of trash and recycling collections.
- Trash: On schedule, residents should put out trash on their regular collection day.
- Recycling: On schedule, residents should put out recycling on their regular collection day.
Testing Site Map: A testing site finder at phila.gov/testing helps people find a free COVID-19 test in Philadelphia. Anyone can search for a site by address, click on a map location for specific site information, and filter by day of week and by drive-thru or walk-up.
- City’s COVID-19 homepage: phila.gov/covid-19.
- COVID-19 resources translated into multiple languages.
- Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline: 1 (800) 722-7112.
- Residents can text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to get updates sent to their phones.
- Find out more about testing for COVID-19.
- Businesses with questions about reopening using the Department of Public Health’s guidelines should email email@example.com.
- The PHL COVID-19 Fund continues to solicit donations to aid nonprofits that are on the frontline of the pandemic.
Resources for Media: