PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Department of Public Health today announced 88 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 novel coronavirus in Philadelphia. That brings the number of confirmed cases to 35,528.
The Department of Public Health confirmed three additional fatalities in Philadelphia. This brings the number of residents who have succumbed to the virus in Philadelphia to 1,774. Of the 1,774 total deaths, 879 (50 percent) were long-term care facility residents.
Contact Tracing Update (September 6 through September 12): Of cases reported that were not managed by partner organizations, 65 percent were interviewed to identify contacts (6 percent had no known telephone number, 19 percent did not respond to calls, 7 percent were not called because the health department received the report more than 10 days from the test date, and 3 percent refused). Of contacts named, 73 percent were reached and agreed to quarantine.
Rental Assistance: The City announced a significant change to the amount of rental assistance funding that is available for Phase 2 of the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program. Effective immediately, rent can be paid up to $1500. This increase will automatically apply to tenants who have already applied for Phase 2 funding, as well as all new applicants. More information at phlrentassist.org, and applications will be accepted through September 30, 2020.
Daily Trash and Recycling Update: Residents can check the daily trash and recycling update blog post to see the current status of trash and recycling collections.
- Trash: On schedule, residents should put out trash on their regular collection day.
- Recycling: On schedule, residents should put out recycling on their regular collection day.
Testing Site Map: A testing site finder at phila.gov/testing helps people find a free COVID-19 test in Philadelphia. Anyone can search for a site by address, click on a map location for specific site information, and filter by day of week and by drive-thru or walk-up.
- City’s COVID-19 homepage: phila.gov/covid-19.
- COVID-19 resources translated into multiple languages.
- Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline: 1 (800) 722-7112.
- Residents can text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to get updates sent to their phones.
- Find out more about testing for COVID-19.
- Businesses with questions about reopening using the Department of Public Health’s guidelines should email email@example.com.
- The PHL COVID-19 Fund continues to solicit donations to aid nonprofits that are on the frontline of the pandemic.
Resources for Media: